Education with sports [Sports and Activities with students]
- We at Vidyamangal School believe that sport is serious work. A healthy mind can only reside in a healthy
body. Considerable research, in recent years, has resulted in an understanding of the importance of play in
the development of the child.
- Sport teaches the child life-skills, which will last a lifetime. It is obvious the Sport teaches us self discipline, teamwork, conflict management, sportsmanship and the less known fact of handling failures positively. At the same time, the objective is that students graduate from school with the knowledge, skills and behaviors to be fit, healthy and active for life.
- The approach for attaining this objective spirals around 5 components “Five for Life” cardio respiratory endurance, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility and body composition.
- At the Vidyamangal School, these skills will be inculcated through sports like football, basketball, Karate, table-tennis, cricket, volleyball and athletics.
- The key to achieving excellence in sports lies in integrating it with the regular curriculum.
- These activities are interwoven into our daily structure.